Tower fans have been in trend recently because of its lightweight design and portability. They can be easily shifted from one room to another. Also, they are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes so that they can slide in between the narrow spaces too. Also, it is not easy to tip them over by the activities of pets or kids in the house. The grates of a tower fan are much smaller than that of other fans and thus they are quite safe to be used in the home.
All kinds of fans gather dust over time and tower fans are no exception to it. It becomes imperative to clean the tower fans on a regular basis if you do not want to breathe in dirty or contaminated air. The main problem that arises in the cleaning process of the tower fans is that it is not as easy to clean as the other fans. This difficulty arises due to the construction and design of a tower fan.
If you own a tower fan and are looking for the proper and detailed guidelines to clean it then you should read this post to the end.
Materials required for cleaning a tower fan
You will need the following materials to clean a tower fan:
- A cleaning brush
- An air compressor
- A screwdriver
- Protective eyeglasses
To clean a tower fan you will need to open it apart. For this, it is advised that you follow the instructions given in the product manual because all fans have different care instructions. Many of them specify a particular type of cloth required for cleaning the fan.
Step to clean a tower fan
You need to follow the below-mentioned steps while cleaning the tower fan:
- Unplug the tower fan from the main switchboard and move it to an area where you can comfortably sit and clean the tower fan.
- Wear the protective mask and the eyeglasses to protect yourself from the fine dust particles that could enter your respiratory system.
- If the tower fan you intend to clean has a panel then it is suggested that you unscrew it and place the screws safely in a bowl. Do not misplace them.
- Now turn on the air compressor so that the dust that has accumulated on the panel blows away.
- After cleaning the panel by the air compressor, you need to turn the fan by 180 degrees. Clean the remaining dust with the help of a cleaning brush.
- Now screw the panel back onto the fan and plug it back to use it in your home to give you cool air.
Fans circulate the air and provide instant cooling solutions to all your summer problems. Fans too have undergone changes with the advancements in technology. But still, they remain the most viable and economical cooling option for almost all the people. Not everyone can afford to bear the costs and after effects of air conditioners. You too can buy the best tower fans manufactured by the companies like atomberg at the most reasonable prices.
Getting a tower fan is always a cool option as it is sleek in its design and also consumes less power. Various other features of a tower fan ensure that you save a lot on your utility bills every month. Explore more about the comparison between normal fan and tower fan here- https://atomberg.com/tower-fan-vs-normal-fan/.