We heard so many medical conditions that affect our health and life. Scoliosis is also one of them. It is defined as the abnormality in the curve or formation of S and C shaped curve in the spine and the posture gets affected. It generally occurs in childhood but also appeared in your adulthood. It is the most common medical issue that arises in girls than in boys. It occurs due to certain reasons such as genetics, head injuries, uneven pelvic position, foot distortion and past surgeries. It can cause several complications including heart and lungs problem, arthritis and other related problems. It is of two types of structural and non-structural. Structural scoliosis is permanent while non-structural is temporary that disappears with the time. In 80 percent of cases, the exact cause is unknown and doctors termed as idiopathic scoliosis.
Scoliosis can be treated by bracing, casting and a very small number of people require surgery. Scoliosis treatment in India is the good choice for patients because of the best medical care, highly qualified and well-skilled surgeons, and the effective cost of treatment.
Top 5 Exercises For Scoliosis
According to doctors, the best way to control scoliosis is to do exercises and stay fit and healthy. There are several exercises that can strengthen your posture and eliminate the deformity in the spine. Take a look at the top 5 exercises for scoliosis.
- Bird Dog: In this exercise take gym ball to support and lay down it with your tummy with the help of toes that will support your body. Then lift your right leg and left hand or vice versa and hold it for few seconds. Repeat this for about ten times. It helps you to attain the normal posture of the body.
- Row: Row exercise help to work the muscles and build support to the trunk. You can also do this exercise with the help of free weights or machine. Choose that method which is well suited and more challenging to you to get the satisfactory results during the treatment. Do this exercise for 10-12 minutes.
- Hip Roll And Bridge: It strengthens your hips and spine. Face up on the wall, bending the knees and tucking the legs in. Then incline your pelvis and raize each vertebra off the ground to forms a straight line. Roll down your pelvic region from left to right position. Repeat it for 20 times and try to continue for about 7-10 minutes.
- Plank: Lie on the floor with facing towards the ground. Lift yourself above the ground with the help of toes to support body, and bends your elbows. Hold both your legs straight. Hold this position for some time and stop it when you feel pain. Keep in mind not to bend your knees. Do it for 10 minutes.
- Spine Release: Lie down on the ground in T-shape with extending your arms. Slowly lift your knees and brings near the chest and fall to one side. Hold it for a few seconds and then do it from another side. Continue to do this for about ten minutes. It helps you to improve the curvature of the spine and the posture.